Borderline personality disorder

Main LifeLeap Café Personal Growth Help Borderline personality disorder

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by FionaM.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lafo10
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • New Participant
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 12.00

I was diagnosed about 10 years ago with borderline personality disorder but didn’t believe them or do anything about it. I was recently, in the last 5 months, diagnosed with it again and actually talked to a psychiatrist about it and realize now that I actually have it. I am really struggling with coming to terms with the diagnosis and how to deal with it

FionaM
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
      I've Donated »
        • United States
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 587
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 742.00

Sorry to hear of your struggles, although I don’t think this is support community for psychiatric type issues. Do you have a specific question?

Lafo10
        Basic Member
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 2
          • New Participant
          • Topic Author
          Credits: 12.00

I’m sorry I was just talking about my struggles to help with personal growth but I misunderstood. I. Apologize

FionaM
          Participant
          graduate
          LMP Student
          Learn More »
          I've Donated »
            • United States
            • Topics: 4
            • Replies: 587
            • Super Participant
            • ★★★★★
            Credits: 742.00

You did nothing wrong here, so no need to apologize. OK to share here. Just wanted to make sure you knew the nature of this community. I personally have a bitter/sweet relationship with western medical science. In some ways it’s great and can save your life. But some of the psychiatric stuff is over the top. Medicating 5 year old kids because they’re too hyper, really? I know if I went to psych doctor they would diagnose me with all kinds of conditions, schizophrenia, psychotic, who knows what else. In some places, merely believing in psychic ability will get you classified as a mental case even through there is research to back it up. Many of those doctors will give you a diagnosis because they simply are ignorant of the spiritual aspect of life and because there’s more money to be made if they get you locked into pharmaceuticals for the rest of your life. Not saying you should listen to doctors, but also consider coming up with your own determination. Meditation, as taught here on this site, can be a great alternative to western psychiatric treatment, and it will not deteriorate your body like the meds will.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.