Army friend

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by MarkK.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MarkK
    Lesson 10
    LMP Student
    Learn More »
      • Topics: 16
      • Replies: 34
      • Rising Participant
      • ★★★
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 12.00

I have an army friend whom I met on a dating site back in 2018. We met once in November 2019 (there’s close to 200 miles between us and I don’t have a car). When we met, I picked up on some romantic chemistry between us, and even during our phone calls that would last over an hour (we never had a shortage of things to talk about). However, he paired up with another guy in December 2019, and I think they broke up a few months after that. Ever since then we’ve been communicating through text.

Long story short, I was wondering if you picked up any romantic attraction on his part? Or any potential in a few months?

Thank you!

FionaM
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
      I've Donated »
        • United States
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 587
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 742.00

I’m getting a psychic sense that he is wishy washy about his relationship goals. And that’s with everybody. I even get he is wishy washy about what gender he wants to be with. So it could be a while before he is ready, if he ever is. I get a sense he is more open to fun/toxic stuff right now, and you have a more serious vibe. I also don’t really see a time when he was ever attentive enough to you, so it may be good at this point to question why you keep trying. If he was into you, why did he go find someone else? It could still possibly work out. But, there are also so many others out there, people without the big question marks.

MarkK
        Lesson 10
        LMP Student
        Learn More »
          • Rising Participant
          • ★★★
          • Topic Author

Thank you so much! In fact that’s what Dale said a few years ago, even down to the confusion over which gender he wants to be with.

I know many things can change in the future, but would you have any rough idea of what my ideal partner would look like and be like?

Align
          Basic Member
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 5
            • New Participant
            Credits: 7.00

I’m sensing that he is not really into commitment right now. But not because he doesn’t like you. I feel that you are waiting for him to make a decision, or show you that he wants more. If you are tired of waiting, then you could always take the initiative to make a phone call, rather than text. As a wise person once said to me… every day, another leaf falls from the tree.

MarkK
            Lesson 10
            LMP Student
            Learn More »
              • Rising Participant
              • ★★★
              • Topic Author

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.