Old Friend

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by maureen.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

maureen
    Participant
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 6
      • New Participant
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 3.00

I had a good friend for 30 years and she has basically dropped me after all this time.we had some disagreements over the years about some stuff that she did that i did not understand. Do you feel that we will be friends again?we used to talk 2 times a week. Should i reach out? Everytime i do i get the cold shoulder. She treats me like i repel her. I have held back for 2 years now. Any advice?

FionaM
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
      I've Donated »
        • United States
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 587
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 742.00

As i focus on your friend, i get a sense of someone who is generally selfish and self absorbed. It’s not that she is distant for some other reason, which does happen sometimes. I keep getting this customer service rep feeling off of her also, maybe cosmetics. The real question is why have you hung on so long to someone who obviously doesn’t respect you, who isn’t what a friend should be? People are just like this sometimes in the world. What’s stopping you from getting out and making new friends who are more worthy of your energy?

maureen
        Participant
        Basic Member
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 6
          • New Participant
          • Topic Author
          Credits: 3.00

Yes she does live in another city and she is a sales exec for show business and very involved in her looks she helped me out financially in a real bind once. I make friends easily but i have made many mistakes on the type of people who i have put my energy into. I feel like she is sort of family to me because i have none to speak of. I feel like maybe i made a mistake on how i dealt with her by calling her on the carpet one too many times. At one time and for a long time she did treat me with respect. I do hang on to friends for long periods of time when i need to move on. Thanks for responding!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.