Which direction should I take in school?

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions Which direction should I take in school?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by laura138.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

laura138
    Lesson 20
    LMP Student
    Learn More »
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 18
      • Light Participant
      • ★★
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 0.00

I need insight into what schooling I should go into. I currently work as a manager of a small company that works with disabled adults to keep them independent in there own homes. I am two classes away from finishing my associate degree and don’t know where to go next. I am thinking of going into nursing or of getting my BA degree in Sociology & Psychology to be a social worker. Above all I’d like to do both but first start with one and than go back to school after working a number of years. Does anyone have any insight as to what career choice would best fit me and make me the most happy?
      Thank You,
      Laura

KathyN
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 625
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 228.01

Laura,
        It is really wonderful that you want to do the type of work that will help people. You definitely would want to get your associates degree. Do you feel more of a sense of gratification from helping people solve personal issues? Or is helping with health related issues more appealing?

You might also want to consider that it might be difficult to go back to school after you have worked for a number of years. There are the financial aspects, as well as what might be going on with your personal life a few years from now.

You might want to ask yourself — if you had to make that choice now, what would you want to do professionally as a career choice?

Hope this helps–
        🙂

laura138
        Lesson 20
        LMP Student
        Learn More »
          • Topics: 13
          • Replies: 18
          • Light Participant
          • ★★
          • Topic Author
          Credits: 0.00

Thank you for the good advice. I have a lot of thinking to do because I do not quite know where I stand with some of the points you brought up.
          Thank you for giving me some things to think about. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.