What can I do to find out if he is my half brother w/o hurting family

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions What can I do to find out if he is my half brother w/o hurting family

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by KathyN.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Debbie1730
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • New Participant
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 8.00

I belong to Ancestry and put my DNA results online there. It connected me to a man in my city who’s genetic match is in the unusually high range for first cousin and very low range for possible half sibling.on my father’s side.

He has never met his father.

He reached out to me first and I agreed to help. All of my immediate family is angry with me..including my father. No one is willing to admit that the possibility of this gentleman being their son isnt possible. But I have gotten the clear message if I want to help this man, they want nothing to do with him AND that I will risk losing current relationships.

I need to know if he is indeed my half brother. I obviously have stumbled on a deep family secret and have no desire to know or expose any details. What’s important is knowing if this 44 year old man is my sibling but still retaining my immediate family ties. I will not “choose” one over the other as an ultimatum. My choice is for ME to know a sibling or not. It’s sad to have to lose family at the expense of possibly gaining one. Is there any path forward to prevent this?

Also, any sense of what further testing of DNA will show? Is this man my half brother? All internet research shows this could literally go either way based on the DNA genetic match number. It’s a gray area number range that some half sibling matches fall into.

Thank you so much!

KathyN
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 625
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 228.01

Debbie,

You obviously need answers to this question. Is there a way you can pursue this without disclosing the information to your immediate family? You only want to help this man and do not want to hurt your immediate family. Is further testing possible? There is a possibility that a different connection could be revealed. This man no doubt has questioned his mother? His questions to her were most likely asked many years ago. He is reaching out now trying to find more family. Does he have living relatives such as aunts or uncles who might be able to shed some light on this situation? Best wishes to you as you make your decision.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.