Stuck- career and relationship-wise

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions Stuck- career and relationship-wise

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by KathyN.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

julontheway
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • New Participant
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 0.00

Could someone please offer some insight if you are able to access anything about my situation. I finished nursing school in May (a third degree for me). I landed a great job in the cardiac stepdown unit of a hospital. I moved to another city for this job thinking that an upside is that I have friends here. I also saw an upside in physically removng myself from living with a man who I fought to not date, (but was extremely drawn to and thankful to have met). I lived with him for four years. He’s twice my age and has kids my age. I didn’t want the reason that I was not with him to be that I succomed to societal norms (agewise) for relationships. I started realizing that there are other reasons besides the age factor that make our relationship less than ideal (in how he treats me and dynamics). I just don’t know if any one person is right for me and I’m feeling like I should get the ball rolling with having kids and stuff since I’m 28. Right now I just don’t feel motivated to date or anything. Last week I was fired from my job after 3 months of working there. Medication errors were cited but I have a sense that it’s not the entire reason I was fired. I put in a lot of effort at my job and was always on time. It came as a surprise. Any insight into why I was fired? Why do I feel so stalled in life? Why can’t I seem to get the ball rolling with a career? Is nursing the right field for me and if not what should I pursue? What is that is stalling me with a relationship? Thank you for any advice and insight.

KathyN
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 625
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 228.01

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a perfect job. You have been trying to follow a career path that you feel suited for. You obviously enjoy helping people. Have you considered training to be a counselor? For now you might want to rely on the training that you already have and get settled in a work routine. You will meet new people. Just try dating and don’t become too involved in a relationship that you don’t feel is right for you. You can also be thinking about any additional training you might enjoy.

Best wishes,
        🙂

julontheway
        Basic Member
          • New Participant
          • Topic Author

Thank you for responding and for the advice! I’ve thought about counceling, I have a psychology degree. I need to look into what additional training I would need to be a councelor, or what nursing job would allow it.
          Thank you!

julontheway
          Basic Member
            • New Participant
            • Topic Author

i feel like i have no reason to feel so stagnant. is it possible that i have a psychic connection with him and i feel this way because that’s how he feels? He is in a really stagnant place in life and not doing much to change it, and burnt all of his bridges with his friends.

KathyN
            Participant
            graduate
            LMP Student
            Learn More »
              • Topics: 4
              • Replies: 625
              • Super Participant
              • ★★★★★
              Credits: 228.01

You have had to adjust to some major life changes all within a very brief period of time. I sense that you are feeling confused as to which direction to take? You express yourself very well in written communication. It is easy to see that you are a very intelligent lady. You can break this connection with the man you have moved on from. He is at a point in his life were he is satisfied with things as they are now. He may lack motivation, but that is not necessarily a bad thing for him if he is comfortable. However, this is not right for you at this time and he should understand your need to move on.

Once you decide on a career path and start working and studying something meaningful to you, it will put you in a much better place.

Best wishes,
              🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.