New Business

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions New Business

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by KathyN.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MarkK
    Lesson 10
    LMP Student
    Learn More »
      • Topics: 16
      • Replies: 34
      • Rising Participant
      • ★★★
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 12.00

Hi:

I was planning to start my own freelance business from home to gain some extra income, and wondered if you saw the potential for any success? I am happy with my present job, but would like some money coming in from the side to be able to afford some luxuries down the line (such as overseas travel).

As for the relationship front, I’ve all but given up the search for that. I’ve been more focused on my financial and fitness goals because, although it would be nice, the search itself has become somewhat depressing over time. I’ve gotten by my own, remaining single for my entire adult life, and likely won’t have any problems remaining so in the future. Sure, it gets lonely over the weekends, but I’d rather occupy myself with other pursuits rather than seeming too desperate/needy.

KathyN
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 625
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 228.01

Freelancing might be an excellent way to pursue your goal of writing. Especially if you are willing to start with the small tasks. Proofreading also offers opportunities to work from home. You have the talent for bigger and better things, but it might take awhile to break into the business. Also if you are willing to work as a script writer for a specific character, etc. would be another way to let your talents be seen. In any event, you should give this a try! If you can research what is needed in the way of writing/editing for subjects that interest you, that would definitely be a plus!

You may find comfort in immersing yourself in your writing, but you may meet someone through these efforts when you least likely expect it —

Please let us know how this works out! It is great to see you in the forums–

Take care!
        🙂

MarkK
        Lesson 10
        LMP Student
        Learn More »
          • Rising Participant
          • ★★★
          • Topic Author

Thanks. I’m looking forward to working from home on the weekends. Relationship wise, I have been cautious ever since a friendship I had for about a year ended rather nastily last summer. The friend (Steve) decided to cut me off completely, after telling me something that I could prove as a lie, and I was perplexed as to his motivations. Any insight would be appreciated.

KathyN
          Participant
          graduate
          LMP Student
          Learn More »
            • Super Participant
            • ★★★★★

Sadly, I sense that Steve was never totally available on an emotional level. I feel that he was already involved or committed in a relationship. His abrupt departure indicates that he was hiding something, more likely that someone would “find out” what he was doing.

You deserve much better in your life and you are moving ahead and pursuing your goals. These lessons in life are not always kind, but give you so much insight into your writing. Because you are sensitive and considerate this will come through as you develop each scene in the story line. Better things will surely come your way!

Take care!
            🙂

MarkK
            Lesson 10
            LMP Student
            Learn More »
              • Rising Participant
              • ★★★
              • Topic Author

Well, I never meant for Steve to be more than a friend. So, there was no expectation for anything beyond that. But I was so hurt after that, I decided to take a ‘sabbatical’ away from relationships, because I felt I wasn’t mature or confident for another one….and decided to focus on other ones. I did feel that he lied to me about someone, by saying that said person was spreading vicious gossip about me.

KathyN
              Participant
              graduate
              LMP Student
              Learn More »
                • Super Participant
                • ★★★★★

It does hurt to be betrayed by someone you considered to be a friend. In the workplace there are often individuals who will try to create friction between others in order to divert the attention from themselves. Steve could possibly have been attempting to cover for something that he might have said to someone within the company.

I believe that as you continue with your coursework you will pick up on these sensations. It will be a as a result of “sorting out the past”. The reasoning of these past actions might come to you, or better yet you will find that it no longer matters.

You have a great attitude and you are moving on!
                🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.