Lost Greyhound in Ohio

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions Lost Greyhound in Ohio

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by KathyN.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

anonymous
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 123
      • Replies: 123
      • Super Participant
      • ★★★★★
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 0.00

My son (Nick) and daughter-in-law (Halie) live in Charleston, SC as my son is stationed in the military. Tragically, Halie’s father was killed in an accident, and they returned to Ohio to be with family and for the funeral. On Feb 15, while being let outside, their 5 year old rescue greyhound, Mya, (brindle in color), disappeared. It’s been very traumatic dealing with the death of a father and disappearance of a dog who has been like their child. Unfortunately, Nick and Halie have had to return to Charleston as my son will be deploying overseas soon. Family and friends continue to search for Mya on a daily basis. Hundreds of flyers have been circulated, ads have been placed on the internet and in newspapers and radio, doors have been knocked on, we have talked to anyone and everyone who will listen, hours are spent daily driving in search of her. My son’s birthdate is 8/22/89. His wife’s is 2/3/89. If anyone could provide me with a lead, I would be forever grateful!!! Thank you!

KathyN
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 625
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 228.01

My heart goes out to you and your family as you work toward locating your beloved dog. There is a renowned animal communicator, Hilary Renaissance who is very successful in locating missing pets. She provides telephone consultations. If you visit http://www.calmpet.com, her procedure is outlined. I attended a workshop that she hosted last year. She has reunited many pets with their owners. Her fee is reasonable, she is very compassionate and she can really tap into the animal’s feelings.

I feel hopeful, sensing that Mya may have become frightened while being outside in unfamiliar surroundings. A well intentioned person might have taken her in, not stopping to think about her having a family who loves and misses her and is searching for her. If a reward is being offered this could be instrumental in bringing this person forward.

Please write again to let us know how the search is going. We hope to hear very soon that Mya has been reunited with her family.

🙂

anonymous
        Basic Member
          • Super Participant
          • ★★★★★
          • Topic Author

Thank you so much for the advice. Actually, I have contacted Hiliary as well as another communicator. Both gave 2 completely difference readings. One said she was alive and running loose ~ the other indicated she had “crossed over” and was no longer with us. We are so torn as to which to believe ~ so we continue to pray and hope and search. Thank you for your concern. Vicki

KathyN
          Participant
          graduate
          LMP Student
          Learn More »
            • Super Participant
            • ★★★★★

Because you have contacted all of the animal shelters, veterinarians, animal hospitals, humane societies in the area with no one having seen Mya — it sounds as if there is hope. She is a large dog and would be noticed when seen.

Because she is in unfamiliar surroundings, she most likely is frightened. Please continue to go back to the place where she was last seen. Try doing this for a few days and calling her name. Continue to ask people in the area if anyone recalls seeing her. There is another possibility– animals are known to have a sixth sense. Many dogs have traveled thousands of miles to return to their home. Because animals don’t have the ability to reason, Mya would not realize that her family was not in South Carolina at the time she became separated from them. She could be trying to make her way home to South Carolina.

Please keep in touch– there are many animal lovers who want to help–
            🙂

anonymous
            Basic Member
              • Super Participant
              • ★★★★★
              • Topic Author

LOL ~ that’s been a big fear of mine… that Mya would try to make the 1,100 mile trek to South Carolina. She’s a “princess” and sometimes I think she would not be able to find her way out of a wet paper bag, but being gone for 14 days, I guess she has proven me wrong!

I did call upon a psychic yesterday evening. The latest reading has given me a few clues: first and foremost that Mya is still alive and doing ok. She frequents a park/reserve where there are big bird feeders and has been eating corn on the ground. There is a dark colored fence at this park/reserve. She also frequents a farm (that has a sign with a name on it.) There is no livestock on this farm, but she has been staying in a barn that has big “mowing” equipment in it. The people who live in this house have no reason to go out to this barn and do not know Mya is there. An older tri-colored German Shepherd lives at this house. The two dogs have come within a few feet of each other; the Shepherd has never tried to cause her harm, but they are uncertain of each other. There are large, tall pine trees around.

And so the search continues!

KathyN
              Participant
              graduate
              LMP Student
              Learn More »
                • Super Participant
                • ★★★★★

Vicki,
                This last reading does offer hope! There are some on-line registries for lost pets. If you haven’t done so already, you might want to try a National Registry for Lost Pets. There is a website http://www.lostfoundpets.us. Services and resources are provided by the Alabama pet registry. It is an excellent database where people can list information for pets which were lost as well as those that have been found.

Since greyhounds are very fast runners it is entirely possible that Mya is no longer in Ohio. Do the surroundings described in the reading sound at all like any in your area? I am getting a sense that it might be somewhere around West Virginia. She is finding food and shelter. I am sure that she had a collar and license and hopefully has not lost it. She might not have been microchipped though?

I sense that Mya will try to move on when weather and circumstances permit her to do so. If someone is able to find her and help her they surely would know that she is someone’s pet. Please check out that website and you would be able to post her picture. This could be a very important step in locating her. Mya and all of you who love her are in my thoughts and prayers–
                🙂

anonymous
                Basic Member
                  • Super Participant
                  • ★★★★★
                  • Topic Author

Thank you, Kathy. We do have Mya posted on Craigslist, PetFBI.com, Petfinder, and I believe one other site. The area described by the psychic could very well be around us. We live in a small farming community and there is a park/nature reserve that is big with the bird watchers about 8 miles from where she disappeared. That’s an area we are concentrating on ~ but so far, nothing. I think I’ll do a big stake out over the weekend and go there and sit in my car and drink coffee all day long ~ just like on TV! LOL

KathyN
                  Participant
                  graduate
                  LMP Student
                  Learn More »
                    • Super Participant
                    • ★★★★★

Vicki,
                    If you could just find some of the places that the psychic described, that could be a good lead. The park/reserve and the farm — and if you could ask if anyone has seen Mya. She obviously just became frightened in unfamiliar surroundings which caused her to run. She most likely would come to you if she should see you.

Please keep in touch to let us know how the search is progressing. You certainly are doing everything humanly possible to locate her.

🙂

anonymous
                    Basic Member
                      • Super Participant
                      • ★★★★★
                      • Topic Author

Thanks. This is just getting more bizarre by the day. My son and daughter-in-law were receiving nasty, threatening emails and phone calls regarding Mya’s disappearance, ie what terrible pet owners they were to have allowed this to happen, etc, etc. Lo and behold, this morning, my ex-husband receives an email from a man by the name of “David Maduit” who claims he has Mya in his possession but will not give her up because we are “careless people who don’t deserve to have her back.” Now… the search takes a different path, and we are looking for this individual. From internet searches, he does not exist. Could be some hateful person who will try to scam us. My gosh, this has just gotten crazy!!

KathyN
                      Participant
                      graduate
                      LMP Student
                      Learn More »
                        • Super Participant
                        • ★★★★★

This is so awful that there are people out there who make your time of grief so much more difficult. This individual obviously would not give his actual name. Please contact the authorities if you feel that you are being threatened.

Mya was obviously frightened of someone or something which caused her to bolt. She never would have left the family that she loves. The family was grieving at the time. It only takes a split second for a graceful dog to make her escape.

Your efforts to locate her are evidence of how much she is loved. I pray that you will locate her very soon!
                        🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.