Life

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by KathyN.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

anonymous
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 123
      • Replies: 123
      • Super Participant
      • ★★★★★
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 0.00

I have been with this amazing guy for a while. I met him after a horrible breakup (I found out my lying fiance was engaged to another woman. Long story, he didn’t deserve me 🙂 ) I think we are ready for a baby. We are in a good situation financially and emotionally. I’m wondering when I will conceive. Specifically, will it happen this Summer? I’m trying to be patient but that’s not working so well! LOL

KathyN
      Participant
      graduate
      LMP Student
      Learn More »
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 625
        • Super Participant
        • ★★★★★
        Credits: 228.01

If you have been with this amazing guy for awhile, how does he feel about having a child? Would he be willing to marry you and start a family together? Having a child together before marriage doesn’t necessarily mean that the relationship will last indefinitely.

If you truly love one another, marriage should be the first step. Have you discussed this? If you feel that you might have a problem conceiving, you might want to consult a medical professional. It is important to remember that the future is not set in stone, so it really isn’t possible to know when you might conceive. Even though you feel that you might want a child, this may not be the best time for it to happen.

Take care!
        🙂

anonymous
        Basic Member
          • Topics: 123
          • Replies: 123
          • Super Participant
          • ★★★★★
          • Topic Author
          Credits: 0.00

@Kathy N wrote:

If you have been with this amazing guy for awhile, how does he feel about having a child? Would he be willing to marry you and start a family together? Having a child together before marriage doesn’t necessarily mean that the relationship will last indefinitely.

If you truly love one another, marriage should be the first step. Have you discussed this? If you feel that you might have a problem conceiving, you might want to consult a medical professional. It is important to remember that the future is not set in stone, so it really isn’t possible to know when you might conceive. Even though you feel that you might want a child, this may not be the best time for it to happen.

Take care!
          🙂

Thanks for the reply! He is excited and wants to be a dad. Please do not judge because I know people are supposed to be married before starting a family but we are not ever planning on being married. Marriage seems to mess up relationships, at least in our families.

Thanks!

KathyN
          Participant
          graduate
          LMP Student
          Learn More »
            • Topics: 4
            • Replies: 625
            • Super Participant
            • ★★★★★
            Credits: 228.01

As long as you both know that you will always be there for your child, the very best of luck to you!

Take care!
            🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.