In need of a little bit of guidance

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions In need of a little bit of guidance

• This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by kitana57.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

KathyN
    Participant
    graduate
    LMP Student
    Learn More »
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 625
      • Super Participant
      • ★★★★★
      Credits: 228.01

Because you are professional and have a strong work ethic, it is possible that one of these individuals sees you as a threat. You are intelligent and learn quickly. As soon as this individual realizes that you are not trying to take anyone else’s job, then the situation should improve.

You just want to do your job, to help others and enjoy the satisfaction that this provides. If you just do your work, consult with others when necessary, and don’t provide any suggestions for changes at this time. In time your dedication will be recognized. You could be considered for a transfer or promotion within the company that would remove you from the environment that you are now in.

Best wishes,
      🙂

kitana57
      Basic Member
        • Topics: 15
        • Replies: 53
        • Rising Participant
        • ★★★
        • Topic Author
        Credits: 2.00

Please don’t think I am ungrateful for being given an opportunity when so many are still struggling out there, but the cruelty that I face on a daily now is just becoming to unbearable because it’s like I am constantly a target for some unknown reason. I work so hard to take so much and I am starting to get worn down both physically and mentally. My biggest fear is that I will find another job and the same thing will happen there too until I figure out what it is I am to learn from this experience (history will repeat itself). I just want to do my job and be at peace and right now that is virtually impossible. This one individual really wants me gone and possibly unemployable to other potential employers. This person couldn’t possibly see me as a threat though because they are always making me feel like I am sooo stupid lol. I don’t know why they have it out for me, but it has been this way since I started there. I still hope and pray I can stick this out for awhile longer because I really like the job.

Thank you so much for the great advice:) I do appreciate everything you have helped me with:) I am just hoping for better days soon because lately I have been feeling rather low.

KathyN
        Participant
        graduate
        LMP Student
        Learn More »
          • Super Participant
          • ★★★★★

Often when someone in a position of authority tries to make a subordinate appear to be stupid it is because that person is seen as someone who could rapidly succeed. This person could not force you out without reason, and also could not make false accusations that would harm you for future employment elsewhere.

If from day one this person has been unkind, then this person was probably not part of the interviewing panel? Perhaps this person had someone else in mind for the position? Whatever the reason you may never know. Just continue to do what you have been doing. Do your work to the best of your ability and limit you conversation with this individual to only work related topics. Have you had an opportunity to observe this person’s actions with other employees? I have a feeling that you are not the only one who has been in this type of situation.

This situation should not repeat itself an another company. If there is a lesson to be learned, it might be that you can endure this. Just focus on your work and act as if you are adjusted and accepting of the environment. This might be difficult, but if you can just focus on your work and ignore this person, you will be much happier within yourself.

Best wishes,
          🙂

kitana57
          Basic Member
            • Rising Participant
            • ★★★
            • Topic Author

Thanks again you are right:) It is just taking me awhile to adjust I guess. I appreciate your time and effort:)

KathyN
            Participant
            graduate
            LMP Student
            Learn More »
              • Super Participant
              • ★★★★★

Just hang in there! Unfortunately, there are many others out there who are enduring similar situations. It is just that the job market is very tight and these people are just glad to have jobs.

Just continue to do the best that you can– and remember that nothing stays the same forever!

Best wishes,
              🙂

kitana57
              Basic Member
                • Rising Participant
                • ★★★
                • Topic Author

Just wondering will I get to stay on this job awhile? I am still trying very hard to do my best, but some how at the end of the day it just feels not enough. I love working, but sometimes I just wish I wouldn’t always meet with such resistance at every turn. I am hoping to be here awhile, but I don’t know at this point. Thanks in advance for your continued guidance and support:)

KathyN
                Participant
                graduate
                LMP Student
                Learn More »
                  • Super Participant
                  • ★★★★★

If the company needs the service that you are providing, most likely your job is secure. In situations where positions are eliminated due to budget cuts or outsourcing, the signs are usually there in advance of this happening.

So just continue to do your best and not worry, unless you are given any concrete reason to be worried.

Take care,
                  🙂

kitana57
                  Basic Member
                    • Rising Participant
                    • ★★★
                    • Topic Author

Hi there,
                    Well things were going pretty much ok with the job for a little while up until recently when I am starting to notice familiar trends , which is some of the same problems I was dealing with in earlier responses, which are reoccurring again in the present. I like having a job (despite it all I still like this one), but it is starting to slowly wear me down little by little and I am at odds to what shall I do next. I was just wondering should I stay put or shall I seek work elsewhere because I am a very dedicated worker and sometimes I just feel like it is really not appreciated or folks think I am really dumb because I am doing this (hopefully temporary) for a living. Will this job lead me to something better or will it just be another dead end? I am a hard worker and I am not afraid to start at the bottom in an organization/company, but I just want to know is all this going to be worth it at the end of the day? I am always grateful for any advice or insight on the subject (because right now I am very conflicted and confused).

Thank you 🙂

KathyN
                    Participant
                    graduate
                    LMP Student
                    Learn More »
                      • Super Participant
                      • ★★★★★

Even though it is troublesome, you should stay with this job until you are able to secure another position. If you feel that this company is a dead end and that there would be no opportunity to transfer within, then you could start to apply elsewhere.

It would be a good idea to invest at least a year with your present company. If you could start the application process without jeopardizing your present position, there would be no harm in doing this.

Remember that because of the economy, jobs are more difficult to obtain than they used to be. This may take some time.

Best wishes,
                      🙂

kitana57
                      Basic Member
                        • Rising Participant
                        • ★★★
                        • Topic Author

Hi Kathy,

Do you think I can make it to last a year here? I am trying my best, but things are really tough though. What are my odds if I can hang in there till then (basically meaning hopefully things will get better)?

Thanks for your guidance in advance:)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.