I really need some guidance!

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions I really need some guidance!

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by rose.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fairydust
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 1
      • New Participant
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 0.00

I’ve been a college student for years now, and i was never sure what i wanted to major in or what i wanted to do in my life. Other people know what they’re passionate about and what they want to pursue in their life. I feel confused and i feel like i’m not on the right track and i don’t know how to get there. I’ve already wasted many years and i can’t waste anymore. I’m thinking about a psychology major but i’m afraid i will regret it later in life. I’ve been also feeling really empty and depressed lately and i don’t know how to break out of this cycle. Can you offer me any advice?

kitana57
      Basic Member
        • Topics: 15
        • Replies: 53
        • Rising Participant
        • ★★★
        Credits: 2.00

Hi fairydust,
        I am not one of the truly gifted, but I can identify with your situation. First of all the biggest mistake that you are making is that you are placing yourself on others time table (each person has their own journey and must discover which route works best for them and you will only make yourself miserable if you keep comparing your progress to theirs (been there done that myself). Second I think you are being overwhelmed because you have to many gears in your mind going at once you must slow down every once and awhile and take the time to organize your thoughts a little bit, so this way you can take things one at a time instead of all at once (which is very frustrating trust me, they say meditation helps with this). Third once you have this down then you can begin to evaluate your situation and break down your goal into manageable steps this will allow you to brainstorm a bit and come up with ways to accomplish your main goal (which is to figure out your career path and anything else in your life which needs clarity). Last, but not least like myself you know the answer somewhere up in your head you just have to get organized enough to get the ball rolling along. If Psychology is the way you wish to go then first of all you must do a summary of all the classes that you have taken (to make sure you have the requirements for that degree), then check for the courses still needed (which courses can be applied towards that degree/and how much are left to take?), after that then check the finances (try to apply for financial aid if your eligible, but if your not do not panic there are other ways around this such as scholarships etc even working and paying for classes one or two at a time (yeah this one might be long and drawn out, but if you only have the few classes left this won’t take to long at all), talk to an academic advisor for that department (they can help you with the course assessment/academic checks and balances so to speak), once it is determined this is the route you wish to take then go for it (* if you are still actively in college then just skip to the academic advisor step). One last important thing you must remember on your path through life is that sometimes you have to lean on others (and if you are anything like me I don’t like to, but had to learn to let go of the reigns and let someonelse help you/never try to pull this heavy load all by yourself you will only burn yourself out that much faster). I’m sorry this reply is so long, but if it remotely helps you out at all then it is a good day right:) Keep your chin up and just keep your eyes on the main prize, you cannot change your past, but you can work towards bending and shaping your future (it will take some attitude and perspective adjustments). You never know unless you try (got that little pearl drop of wisdom from my mom).
        Best wishes and Good luck to you,
        Lisa (aka kitana57)

fairydust
        Basic Member
          • Replies: 1
          • New Participant
          • Topic Author

thank you for your reply!
          My parents have been nagging telling me that i should be graduating soon. That’s why i feel so pressured sometimes. For the past years i’ve been wasting my time with a major i had absolutely no interest in just to please my parents and because i didn’t really know what i wanted. Well, lately it finally hit me that i’d rather make myself happy and stop following what other people expect of me.
          thank you so much for your advice and for your positivity, that’s exactly what i needed to hear right now.

rose
          Basic Member
            • Replies: 10
            • New Participant

hi th only advice i can give is find something that you love and see which subject that falls in…
            dont worry graduation is just the begining. even if u feel that it is a mistake later on , different doors will open up leading to the things that u love.. hoep this helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.