Career advice

Main LifeLeap Café Free Psychic Questions Career advice

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by goldagreier.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Johnsopjj
    Basic Member
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • New Participant
      • Topic Author
      Credits: 1.00

Hi everyone,

I have a question on the type of career I have chosen. See, I went in school for clinical psychology and have been studying counseling, clinical psychology, addictions and substance abuse for about 10 years now. I have had the opportunity to work as an outpatient mental health counselor. I recently got in trouble with my job that may b invoice legal issues, though.

Normally, I would ask about that, but I am actually wondering if I should change this career choice, and go back to school for something else; or stay in this field. I feel that a job in which I help people is appropriate, however I think I am a little lost with which one of i switch anyway.

I just had a baby, and with this legal issue, I am devastatingly broke. So, would I be able to get a job soon? Would this happen if I switch career choices? And would I be able to get back up on track? Sorry, things have been a mess since i had the baby and I think I have been emotional trying to get control of things at the same time.

Thank-you so much
      Paula

goldagreier
      Basic Member
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 58
        • Rising Participant
        • ★★★
        Credits: 74.00

There are many ways to help people without being in the Mental Health Field. I gave very little respect personally for the mental health field. It’s breeding ground for doping people up with pills that benefit only the pharmaceutical industry. It is a breeding ground for lawsuits as you are dealing with unstable people and making them more unstable with pills and one-size-fits-all advice. You could get involved in programs that help young people get jobs or work with local farm or programs that help feed people and get communities active and participating. Helping people to be self sufficient without medication or having to rely on long term government programs is the key.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.